Become a Board Member
The Siskiyou County Arts Council relies on its volunteers to fulfill its mission. As we move forward as a new council we are looking for Board of Directors. This is an honored position that requires knowledge of our rural county and the arts scene within it. The arts council board must represent the diversity of our counties rural communities.
- A commitment to the mission and goals of the Siskiyou County Arts Council
- Ability to attend Skype meeting
- A willingness to learn about and follow non-profit arts administration, structure, and policies & procedures
- Serve for a 2-year term
- Attend meetings
- Represent the organization positively within the community when appropriate
- Assist the organization to gain community support by exercising personal and professional contacts whenever possible
- Contribute personally to funding campaigns
- Participate in fundraising activities that could include volunteering at events, letter writing and grant writing assistance.
- Approximately 4 to 10 hours each month for board meetings, committee work and preparation time for meetings
- Annual all day Strategic Planning meeting
- Other time depending on individual member’s assumption of responsibilities
To discuss your interest in joining the Siskiyou County Arts Council call Executive Director Lauri Sturdivant 530.859.3599