Siskiyou County Arts Council
Request for Proposals for Event Coordinator Services
Overview: The Siskiyou County Arts Council is inviting proposal submissions for an Event Coordinator for their 1st Annual Festival of the Arts. The Event Coordinator will be a Siskiyou County resident who will deliver a high quality, exciting and innovative arts festival, with the support and collaboration of the SCAC Executive Director, partners, artists, venues and volunteers. They will effectively manage a wide range of activities and tasks that require clear communication, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail. This Festival will become an annual signature fundraising event.
Salary: Flat Fee: Contract for Service (include range of expectations in proposal)
Event location and dates: We are open to creative proposals. Please feel free to contact us for some suggestions for dates and venues.
Period of contract: 7 months beginning April 2017 through October 2017
Who we are: Established in 2015 the Siskiyou County Arts Council serves as the designated arts agency for Siskiyou County, California. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation with the mission to integrate our dynamic arts community into the daily lives of residents and visitors.
Event Description: 1st Annual Siskiyou Festival of the Arts is a celebration of the arts, artists, creativity and culture in Siskiyou County. The vision is to showcase the variety of the arts in our county, including the visual, literary, performance, etc. with food, beverages in an ADA compliant venue that can accommodate vendor booths and live music. The event should include some children’s art project and be family friendly. Event programming and promotion should be designed to attract a regional audience with an age range of 20-60. Arts and culture enthusiasts and families with children will be targeted to attend. Our goals is to raise $4,000 to $5,000 through a variety of efforts possibly including: sponsorships, entry fees/ticket sales, food and beverage sales, raffle tickets, silent/live auction, membership and donations.
Job expectations: The selected coordinator is expected to furnish all services necessary and appropriate to execute the festival, to include, but not limited to:
- Provide a realistic budget
- Play a full and active leadership role in planning and executing the festival
- Coordinate efforts with SCAC staff and volunteers
- Work with SCAC on food and arts & crafts vendor contracts, etc.
- Responsible for liaising with venue and ensure that technical, logistic and legal requirements are meet, as needed
- Manage submissions process for artists, vendors and exhibitors that are of the highest possible standard
- Work with SCAC on festival theme and branding, marketing
- Help identify sponsorships and fundraising opportunities
- Ensure that the SCAC’s equal opportunities policies are followed and actively practice social inclusion in all aspects of work.
- Responsible for post-event reports and evaluations
- Energetic, innovative, creative self-starter with good communication skills
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Problem solver and results oriented
- Experience managing event budgets
- Experience managing volunteer team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds, to stand for long periods of time without assistance; and access to reliable transportation.
Proposal: Please include the following information in your proposal.
- Provide a narrative of your qualifications or resume including an overview of your area of specialization and experience, including the types of services you provide.
- Provide three recent detailed examples of events you have coordinated.
- Provide a sample event budget which includes all anticipated costs and fees associated with coordinating and executing an event, including your salary expectation
- Provide a sample preliminary event production timeline
- Provide collateral materials created for your event
- Provide three references
Deadline: March 24, 2017 via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advertise RFP February 24, 2017
- Deadline to submit RFP: March 24, 2017
- Review applications March 27, 2017.
- Hire Event Coordinator April 6, 2017
For more information contact email@example.com