May Agenda and Minutes
The mission of the Siskiyou County Arts Council is to integrate our dynamic arts community into the daily lives of residents and visitors.
- Chair reads mission statement
- Roll Call
- March Minutes: Approve
- Executive Director Report: Discuss, as needed
- Deputy Director Report: Discuss, as needed
- Project Reports: ICWIB- Nancy Marie
- Budget Revisions: Discuss and approve
- Fiscal Sponsorship – Wendy James Shasta Theater Project
- Review Art on the Farm: Discuss as needed
Siskiyou County Arts Council Board Meeting DRAFT
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
5:40 pm PDT Via Skype & phone
- Rebecca read mission statement, The mission of the Siskiyou County Arts Council is to integrate our dynamic arts community into the daily lives of residents and visitors.
- Attending: Board President Rebecca Bruhn, Treasurer Rose Esposito, Secretary Monica Zinda, Staff, Executive Director Lugene Whitley and Deputy Director Lauri Sturdivant
- March Minutes: Approved motioned, Monica and seconded by Rebecca Bruhn
- Executive Director Report: Lugene reported her activities and community members she has been meeting. She reported that she is working on the ‘Art on the Farm’ fundraiser slated for September 23, 2017 as well as the Listening Tour. The Board requested that she have some working drafts available by June 9th. Lugene and Lauri are working together on the CAC-SLP online grant application, which is due by June 23, 2017
- Deputy Director Report: Lauri reported on her activities and her community outreach for fiscal sponsorships. Unfortunately, the SRCF grant proposal for the Art Cart re-hab and canopies was denied. The Board requested that she research what other resources are available to complete this project.
- Project Reports: ICWIB- Nancy Marie is out of town and will send the Staff/Board her report by May 26, 2017. Bank balance as of 5/24/17: $27,000.00
- Budget: SCAC bank balance as of 5/24/2017: $18,460.93
- Fiscal Sponsorship – Wendy James/ Shasta Theater project was discussed. The Board approved the concept, but needs further details (more specific needs of the project and what Wendy James is asking for from the arts council). Board has requested that the Staff continue the conversation with Wendy James and report back at the next Board meeting. Board also asked Staff to clarify ideas around Board liaison (as it relates to fiscal projects, time of terms and specific involvement).
- Review ‘Art on the Farm’: The Staff updated the Board on their visit with Belcampo and Hunter Orchards. Staff suggests the Council spend resources on a one day event at Belcampo (subject to agreements with Belcampo). Board asked the Staff to report back in 2 weeks with a workable plan with budget projections.
- The Board will look at dates for the next board meeting at the end of June
- Adjourn 6:40 PDT